Saturday, January 14, 2012

Thanklessness

January 14, 2012


"Run with endurance the race God has set before us. We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith." Hebrews 12:1-2

or the verse of 1 out of 10 returning to thank Jesus.

"I hate you."

The words stung, even if they did only come from my six year old daughter.

A few months ago my oldest darling began demonstrating her need to . . . I must admit its been difficult to maintain fruits of Spirit. Worse yet, she's only six. How will we ever survive sixteen? I feel I've sacrificed a great deal--homeschooling, etc.

How do we run with endurance the race set before us when it seems no one appreciates the effort?

Heb 12:2 says by keeping our eyes focused on Jesus.

Take a stroll, gander through the gospels. The Son of God left His throne to come to earth to save man. Man's response was the same of my daughters, "We hate you. (reference) "Please leave (reference). How did Jesus endure? by focusing on the work His Father gave Him to do (John 5ish)

If I do my work for others expecting something in return eventually someone will let me down. If I sacrifice so that others will fill me with praise, eventually I will wind up bitter and resentful over lack of appreciation. But if I work for my Father, doing the work HE has called me to do one day I will hear from my King the greatest praise of all, "Well done my good and faithful servant. . . . "

Felling unappreciated? Change your focus. Run the race with endurance by setting your eyes on Jesus.


No comments: