Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The E-mail

March 20, 2012


"Call to Me and I will answer you, and I will tell you great and mighty things, which you do not know." Jeremiah 33:3
 
God speaks through e-mail.


In my last post titled My Morning Routine I shared with you my struggle to place God before my desire to check e-mail. For the past few years I've felt sure that God would use an e-mail to reveal to me His next move. I awoke each morning with thoughts of, "Maybe someone e-mailed me for spiritual help or support; maybe someone reached out to me desperate to find hope; maybe a publisher decided to acquire my book."

Two weeks ago I realized God did intend to speak to me each morning but not necessarily through modern technology. I resolved to leave my computer turned off until my quiet time with the Lord ended. I quit waiting for God to speak through e-mail and decided to let Him speak to me directly through His Word.


However, just as I ceased looking the e-mail came.

The title read, "Africa Missions." In part the message said, "I received your name from a friend of mine . . . I am writing because we are hosting a women's conference in Africa this summer. It is for women who have lived through a lot of personal challenges . . . you would be teaching along with a couple of other women . . . we would love to have you join us."

After much prayer and fasting I have agreed to go.

Crazy? Maybe.

Risky? You bet.

Will it require a sacrifice? Absolutely, on my part and on behalf of my precious family.

A random e-mail? Not a chance. In my next post I'll share the initial steps of my journey, a path I believe God began to place before me this past November.

God speaks. And when we turn off the computer long enough to call to Him, He'll tell us great and mighty things that we do not know.


No comments: