Wednesday, March 27, 2013

He Came

March 27, 2013


“Don’t be afraid, people of Jerusalem. Look, your King is coming, riding on a donkey’s colt.” John 12:15

I am unfamiliar with the pain caused by abandonment. I know many women whose husbands have left them. I know many children whose fathers have deserted them. I've seen the pain but have not experienced it firsthand.

I've seen the hurt when he fails to show yet again. I've heard the excuses given to these women and children, and the promises as to why next time will prove different . . . though it rarely does. As I listen to their stories I envision these women and children waiting, just waiting for him to show; waiting each time for the chance to shout, "He came!"

But sisters, He did come.

He came for you and for me (Isaiah 53:5).

He came riding on a donkey's colt (John 12:15).

He came willingly, obediently, knowing full well what His future held (Luke 9:22).

He came because He loves us with an everlasting love (Jeremiah 31:3).

He came because He knew He was the only Way (John 14:6).

I do not know what abandonment issues you face. But I pray this Easter you come to know the One who came for you. The One who promises to never leave you or forsake you . . . or your children (Hebrews 13:5).


1 comment:

Method of treatment said...

That's very sad, as we all need someone in life who will take care of us. Hope you have recovered completely.