Monday, February 13, 2012

I Will Always Love You

February 13, 2012


"And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep His love is." Ephesians 3:18

When others fail to show you the genuine affection you desire. When you long for a companion but find only callousness. When you feel unloved . . .

I love you with an everlasting love (Jeremiah 31:3).

When the things of the world fail to satisfy your cravings. When you work longer and harder to maintain an elaborate lifestyle. When its never enough . . .

It is Me who will provide for you (Philippians 4:19).

When you feel as if everyone has left you behind. When you feel as if no one cares. When you feel alone and forsaken . . .

I will never leave you. I will never forsake you (Hebrews 13:5).

When the past leaves you feeling worn-out and used-up. When you feel you've hit rock-bottom and there's no place to turn. When you look in the mirror and fail to see beauty and glamor . . .

I see you as a masterpiece. I created you new in my Son to do good things (Ephesians 2:10).

When you've messed up so badly you feel there's no hope, no chance for redemption. When your mistakes become your identity. When you feel stained by sin . . .

I will wash you clean (Isaiah 1:18).

When you feel shamed by the things you've done or by the things that have been done to you. When you've lost hope for restoration. When you feel like succumbing to the worst . . .

I will crown you with glory and honor (Psalm 8:5).

When the cares of this world weigh you down. When the load grows so heavy you can't take another step. When you feel weary and burdened . . .

I will give you rest (Matthew 11:28).


The recent death of the queen of pop music grips my heart. I find myself captivated, not by the way she lived, but by the way she died--seemingly alone, hurt, attempting to mask the emptiness with what might have been one too many substances this time. I wonder how many read her story and think, I wish I could slip away too.

Death creates a void so deep we question how we could ever feel complete again. Perhaps the greatest gift of love we can offer is to faithfully lift the queen-of-pop-music's legacy in prayer. May she come to know the fulness of His love which somehow seemed to escape her mother's heart.


1 comment:

Romantic SMS said...

Its really outstanding post thanks..............